|On January 1, 2007, California’s beverage container deposit and refund rates grew by about 25%.|
How much is the new deposit?
- The California Refund Value (CRV) is now 5 cents on aluminum, glass, plastic and bimetal containers less than 24 ounce (30 cents for a six-pack of soda).
- The California Refund Value (CRV) is now 10 cents on containers 24 ounces or larger.
Where can I redeem containers?
- There are more than 2,000 convenient recycling centers in California. For a center near you call 1-800-RECYCLE.
- Modesto Junk Company, Inc. • Recycling Center is the centrally-located, fast service and highest paying recycling center and full service scrap yard in the greater Modesto/Stanislaus County area.
Why should I recycle containers?
- To collect the deposit and any applicable additional scrap value.
- To divert valuable resources from landfills.
- To reduce litter.
Where can I get more information?
- Call the California Department of Conservation at 1-800-RECYCLE, or visit the web site at www.consrv.ca.gov.
- Call Modesto Junk Company, Inc. • Recycle Center at (209) 522-1435.
Do metal theft laws apply to CRV recyclables?
In most cases California’s metal theft laws do not apply to CRV beverage container recycling. Learn more about metal theft laws.