|Due to COVID-19, Modesto Junk Company has decertified from the State of California’s CRV (California Refund Value) beverage container collection program. This means we are no longer able to pay back the deposit which consumers pay to the State of California on Aluminum Cans, and Glass and Plastic bottles. However, we can purchase your aluminum cans as scrap (Scrap Aluminum Cans). We can also accept household glass and plastic bottles to be recycled for free (Scrap Glass Bottles and Scrap Plastic Bottles). We apologize for any inconvenience.|
How much is the CRV deposit?
- The California Refund Value (CRV) is now 5 cents on aluminum, glass, plastic and bimetal containers less than 24 ounce (30 cents for a six-pack of soda).
- The California Refund Value (CRV) is now 10 cents on containers 24 ounces or larger.
Where can I redeem containers?
- For a CRV center near you call 1-800-RECYCLE.
- Modesto Junk Company, Inc. closed its CRV operations due to COVID-19.
Why should I recycle containers?
- To collect the deposit (or any applicable additional scrap value at Modesto Junk Co)
- To divert valuable resources from landfills.
- To reduce litter.
Where can I get more information?
- Call the California Department of Conservation at 1-800-RECYCLE, or visit the web site at www.consrv.ca.gov.
- Call Modesto Junk Company, Inc. • Recycle Center at (209) 522-1435.
Do metal theft laws apply to CRV recyclables?
In most cases California’s metal theft laws do not apply to CRV beverage container recycling. Learn more about metal theft laws.